Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tool 9


Tying technology into the objective will help make the lesson one that students will most likely remember and will enjoy doing. It also must be tied to the objective, otherwise you will just be giving the students busy work.  Students have to be accountable because they have only a certain number of student minutes to use and they have to use them wisely. They must take care to learn what the objective is at their stations in order for things to run smoothly for other students I looked at TenMarks and Mangahigh. Ten Marks can be used to create bonus questions or review questions for the students. Mangahigh has a lot of games I could use for my Algebra classes. The students love review games as it is, so I think that they would really enjoy doing some of these things. I would hold students accountable by how much work was completed during the class time. I would give them a goal and expect everyone to attain it.  I found many apps on the Ipad that I can use in the classroom. One was Educreations Interactive Whiteboard where students can work in groups to show other students how to solve algebra problems. Another app is iMovie where students could create a movie about a certain topic and share with the class. I think that I will have a better idea of other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad in my classroom once I begin using them. I am sure that there are other ideas besides stations and reviewing, perhaps skyping or creating videos but I will have to wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment